Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Good to see the RCCNet is up and running. Thanks, Geoff! I think this will prove to be valuable tool should we continue to use it. I hope everyone will use this tool to advise of upcoming conferences and SAR exercises etc. I am sure that many of you are in the same boat as me in that I have to budget for conferences and exercises several months to a year in advance. The earlier I know about exercises etc, the earlier I can start the ball roling for funding approval.

I would like to thank RCC Norfolk and RCC Bermuda for their cooperation during the recent SAR case of the S/V Mon Pays. For those who are unfamiliar with the case. It was a 45ft sail vessel that departed Halifax bound for Bermuda. The S/V filed a sail plan with CG radio in Halifax and when she failed to report arrival in Bermuda, JRCC Halifax started a search. The case was an great example of international cooperation. Many resources and information was shared freely and there was a smooth transition of SMC from JRCC Halifax to RCC Norfolk. The SAR system worked as it should, unfortunately the S/V was never located.

Cheers to all,
Harvey - JRCC Halifax

No comments:

Post a Comment